BUCKINGHAM POLO CLUB DAY CAMP
Summertime is a great time to learn how to play polo!
Buckingham Polo Club day camp offers lots of holiday, endless summer fun and loads of time in the saddle for boys & girls ages 6 to 16. Each five-day session lasts from 9:00 AM till 2:00 PM, and includes professional polo instruction, basic horse-care, tacking, lunch, proper equine etiquette and stable management guidance. Buckingham Polo Club campers will enjoy exciting polo lessons from our friendly team of instructors. In addition to polo and riding instruction, Buckingham Polo Club makes learning fun with daily contests, cool games and chukker, exciting polo activities and weekly achievement awards!
Our hands-on polo camp builds camaraderie, character and great sportsmanship skills.
The Buckingham Polo day camp is offering polo to the seasoned player to the outright beginner who may have never ridden, but loves horses and has a burning desire to be part of this illustrious sport. So scout your talent and fall in love with polo!
We offer a great, exciting polo camp program, with five hours of polo fun a day, five days a week. This enables our students to experience success in graduated steps, promoting their esteem and confidence. The only polo camp to offer lots of summer fun, make new friend and enjoy an endless summer of polo memories!
One session: $ 298,00
Application Fee: $ 50,00
Camp registration is non-refundable and non-transferable. Release and hold harmless form required.
Discounts: 2 weeks booking 10 % discount, 3 weeks booking 15 % discount
Family discount: $ 275,00 per session for a second child registered for the same week, and for a third child,
$ 225,00 per session registered for the same week.
Camp Sessions are limited to ten participants. Price per session is $ 298,00 and includes Registration, Camp T-Shirt, and "Polo Show – Chukker” plus Certification and Awards on Friday. Camp Sessions are available for all levels of riders, ages 6-16 and is riding intensive.
Proper Equestrian Attire, please!
Field boots, or Paddock Boots and half chaps, tucked, collared shirt breeches, riding tights, or stretch pants. Hair pulled back. ASTM/SEI Approved helmet.
*Rentals of boots, half chaps, and helmet available for an additional fee. ($5/day or $25/week)
Please bring a sack lunch, plenty of beverages, and a change of clothes. Rubber boots and a swimsuit recommended.
Endless summertime is a great time to scout your polo talent!
Sign your child up for an endless summer of fun and memories at Camp Buckingham Polo Club today!
2012 Schedule “Endless Summer”
May 28 - June 1
June 4 to 8 / June11 to 15 / June 18 to 22 / June 25 to 29
July 2 to 6 / July 9 to 13 / July 16 to 20 / July 23 to 27/ July 30 to August 3
Important Enrollment Information:
Camper & Parent Agreement
1. The following guidelines are designed to ensure that camp is a happy, safe and productive for everyone. Our policy does not allow campers/parents/friends to smoke on our property at any time. The use of illegal drugs or alcohol is NOT allowed on the grounds of Buckingham Polo Club and will result in immediate dismissal with NO refund.
2. Leaving camp property other than with parent(s), guardian(s) or camp staff, is NOT permitted.
3. Campers are to be present at all scheduled activities and remain in supervised areas at all times.
4. Physical and/or verbal hostilities are not permitted while at Buckingham Polo Club. Respect towards other campers as well as Counselors is expected.
5. Buckingham Polo Club is not responsible for personal valuables.
6. Weapons, knives, matches, fireworks, and any other potential dangerous items are not to be brought to camp.
7. All medications, prescriptions or non-prescription (including aspirin), must be kept in the office. There are few exceptions such as asthma inhalers, epi pens, etc. Please call if you have any questions.
8. Respect for all living things is expected. Wildlife, camp animals, and natural environment are to be protected. Destructive behavior is not permitted.
9. Each member of the camp community is expected to contribute to keeping the facilities clean and maintained. Graffiti, vandalism or any type of destruction is prohibited.
10. No cellular phones are to be used during camp hours.
11. It is imperative that Horseback Riding and Barn Rules be understood and followed by everyone.
12. Discipline Policy: (1) Two verbal warnings = Sitting out for as many minutes as they are told. (2) Third Verbal Warning = Phone call to parents & no riding for the remainder of the day, but must continue in the remainder of activities. (3) Fourth Verbal Warning = Child is called to the office to be sent home immediately. Parent/guardian must pick child up when called. (4) Five or more verbal warnings in the same week, child will be suspended for a day or more, once a child has been on suspension he/she will be on warning and could be expelled from summer camp.
13. Morning tardiness will result in forfeiture of riding privileges. Morning lessons are pre scheduled and cannot accommodate late arrivals. Counselors and instructors are instructed to follow time lines.
14. Any child that does not follow all of the above rules will likely be excused from summer camp and will leave with forfeiture of monies and deposits.
Upon enrollment, payment in full is required, incl. a non-refundable $50.00 application fee. Payments must be made in advance. Pre-registration is required for a guaranteed spot. Payments by cash, check, Visa or Master Card. Please make checks payable to Buckingham Polo Club, Inc.
Prescheduled camp times are posted for each camp sessions offered. Tardiness may result in forfeiture of lesson. Campers left on property after camp end time will be assessed an additional $50.00 a day after care fee.
Cancellation and Refunds
Please remember that a spot has been set aside especially for you. There will be NO prorated payments or refund of fees for participants. No discount or refund for discontinuation or acts of God, natural disaster, act of war or epidemics.
Opportunity for leadership training is given each camp session to our 16 to 17 year old campers. However, to be able to join our staff you must have 1 year instructor and/or assistant Trainer experience and over the age of 18.
Accident & Illnesses
Camp does not assume responsibility for accidents or illness
Snacks & Meals
Our climate is usually hot, we suggest you bring a water bottle and/or sports drink, a lunch/snack packed in a cool tight container with an ice pack. Please send children with loose change in a sealed bag and kept in his/her lunch container, or with a counselor.
Campers are required to wear proper riding attire when riding; breeches, paddock boots & helmet. Staff members will alert you when a change of clothes for activities and games are needed, such as extra shirt, shorts and socks. Campers are not aallowed to wear sandals or open toe shoes to the barn at any time.
Lost & Found
The camp is not responsible for loss of personal articles or clothing by theft or carelessness. Items left behind will go in our lost and found box.